SiteCron 2.1.8 has been released and I cannot believe there are 3,682 downloads.
SiteCron NuGet Link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/SiteCron
SiteCron GitHub Link: https://github.com/akshaysura/Sitecron
SiteCron Marketplace Link: https://marketplace.sitecore.net/Modules/S/Sitecron.aspx?sc_lang=en
I use SiteCron every day and based on my project needs, I evolve it. Please remember to Merge – Append when installing the package if you are upgrading.
- Modify Icon when the SiteCron scheduling item is disabled
- Modify SiteCron scheduling item Display Name when the job is disabled
- Ability to Execute Now! on any SiteCron job.
- New Stats section to log, LastRun, NextRun, Execution Time and Last Run Log.
- Schedule helping passing in the current scheduling SiteCron ItemID as zSiteCronItemID to all jobs
- Configuration was modified to add a few more settings
- HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL: Added the ability to extend the Save Item Handler inside of SiteCron. With this you could do several things, one which comes to mind is the ability to schedule item publishes based on Publish Restrictions.
- Finally added both item only package and a full install Sitecore package with items and files to avoid code deployment. I requested an update on the marketplace but not sure how long the approval process will take.
- Execute Exactly At a Specific Date Time was added. Using this field you can trigger a job at a specific date time. Why is it so different than a Cron Expression you ask, well Cron Expression based scheduling is typically recurring. You can execute a one time job but if I were to schedule publishing restrictions based item publishes, this field was necessary to facilitate that.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with me. (@akshaysura13 on twitter or on Slack).