SiteCron 3.0 has been released and I cannot believe there are 7,237 downloads. I never ever thought that it will be used by this many people.
SiteCron NuGet Link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/SiteCron
SiteCron GitHub Link: https://github.com/akshaysura/Sitecron
SiteCron Marketplace Link: https://marketplace.sitecore.net/Modules/S/Sitecron.aspx?sc_lang=en
Credit where its due!
As you know I use SiteCron every day. Often the new features are based on the current needs of the project I am working on but lately it has been the developers who have been using the module. It was truly humbling to see my small module being used by huge organizations at a great scale. I never imagined that this would be the case.
This release was primarily fueled by the pull request by Ben Golden. Ben refactored majority of the codebase in an effort to add in Dependency Injection and also add the ability to have template inheritance for SiteCron jobs. This along with bug reports by Trisco & functionality requests I needed for my projects made the bulk of this release.
Lets look at what was added. Please remember to Merge – Append when installing the package if you are upgrading.
1. New Icon for the SiteCron node 😉
2. Fixed ExecuteExactlyAtDateTime past bug
3. Code refactoring and introduced DI
4. Ability to run jobs which inherit from the SiteCronJob template (this is very helpful to customize)
5. Ability to provide Script log so that Execution Reports can be stored (more on this later)
6. New Log4net appender to store logs outside of the log.txt files
7. Configuration was modified to add a few more settings and also modified a couple
8.The SiteCron Execution Reports item bucket is set to Never Publish so that it does not slow down your publishing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with me. (@akshaysura13 on twitter or on Slack).